Specialties + Services
Hedge Fund Accountant (Chicago Loop) - Prestigious Firm
Accounting & Finance
To apply to this position you must email your resume directly to
“sarah.ayala AT parkerlynch.com” and type “
” in the subject line
Our client, a prestigious hedge fund in Chicago, is seeking a fund accountant. This is an exciting opportunity to work at a firm that is growing and doing well financially. The firm offers excellent benefits including tuition reimbursement at 100% and bonus based on performance, and total work life balance.
Member of the Fund Accounting department reporting to the Associate Director and Senior Accountant.. Primary duties include:
· Reviews monthly financial statements for a large platform of hedge funds and fund of funds to ensure accuracy of information produced by the Administrator. Recalculates fee accruals and Series NAVs.
· Calculates, reviews, and analyzes performance for the funds daily/weekly/monthly utilizing multiple proprietary software systems and Excel.
· Key participant in the planning and coordination of the year end audits and tax return preparation.
· Prepares and assists with foreign tax and regulatory filings, quarterly fee sweeps, currency hedging, and bank account reconciliations.
· Manages key relationships with the Administrator, Trading Managers, Auditors and Tax Preparers of the Funds. Maintain contact with all parties to ensure daily processes are operating efficiently.
· Cross departmental exposure and projects with Operations and Risk departments.
· Involvement with special projects including special client reporting, tax analysis of fund products, performance audits, new product design and structuring, etc. as directed.
· Work with systems support on programming enhancements.
· Any special projects and additional duties as assigned by supervisor or leadership.
· Adheres to all company procedures and policies.
· Represents the company’s best interests in their individual actions.
· 2-5 years accounting/audit/tax experience with exposure to hedge funds or other alternative investments.
· Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance.
· Fund administration experience required.
· Portfolio accounting software experience (such as Advent Geneva, Isis, Princeton, etc.) required
· CPA is a plus.
· Knowledge in SQL a plus.
· Skilled at manipulating data utilizing tools such as Excel.
· Programming experience is a plus.
· Able to work independently and with minimal direction.
· Strong written and oral communications skills.
· Strong organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
Salary Look Up Tool
Web Part Error:
A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Page cannot be displayed or imported. The type could not be found or it is not registered as safe.
[UnsafeControlException: A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Page cannot be displayed or imported. The type could not be found or it is not registered as safe.]
at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SafeControls.GetTypeFromGuid(Guid guid)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPWebPartManager.CreateWebPartsFromRowSetData(Boolean onlyInitializeClosedWebParts)
Specialities + Services
Accounting + Finance
Our Leadership Team
Work For Us
© 2016 Parker + Lynch. All rights reserved.