||Accounting & Finance
Our client, a real estate company in Deerfield, IL is seeking to hire a senior property accountant. The senior property accountant will enjoy excellent benefits, work life balance, and a very positive, supportive working environment.
- Review and post tenant billings, additional billings and adjustments according to information received from the property manager.
- Maintain property cash balances.
- Submit Open A/P report for weekly check run processing after reviewing property's available cash balances.
- Transfer funds as necessary between property cash accounts to cover check runs. Initiate monthly distributions to Owners based upon the requirements set forth in the Management Agreement.
- Insure timely payment of mortgages and of property taxes.
- Enter new and amended leases from lease abstracts into the appropriate accounting system and Insure that the information entered agrees with the lease abstract and the appropriate financial sections of the lease document.
- Review the monthly posting of the Rent Roll by property management.
- Close Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Commercial Management modules to the General Ledger at the end of the month.
- Review or prepare all supporting schedules as required by the Owner.
- Ensure sub ledgers and supporting schedules tie to the General Ledger.
- Review the General Ledger for any adjusting entries or accruals and make all necessary journal entries.
- Print and review financial statements and all monthly reports and tie all supporting schedules to the financial statements.
- Submit the monthly financial package to the Accounting Manager for review and then forward to the property manager.
- Calculate the monthly Management Fee and / or Incentive Management Fee due.
- Understand the budget reporting requirements of each Owner and participate / assist in the preparation of the annual budget with members of property management.
- Understand the escalation and operating expense budgeting and settlement process, including the calculation of "gross-ups", and participate and assist in the preparation of the actual settlement schedules.
- A bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- 2+ years of property level real estate experience (Compensation based on level of experience)
- Preferably have recent real estate accounting software package such as Timberline, Skyline, and Yardi
- Must have intermediate to advanced Microsoft Word, and Excel proficiencies
If you are qualified and interested in learning more about the Senior Property Accountant position in Chicago, IL please apply now or for immediate consideration email your resume directly to email@example.com